Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rumor Queen

This is a snapshot from the Rumor Queen site.







So....our LID is 5/30/06. If the current trend stays at an average of 10 or so referrals per month that means we won't see little T until February of 2009!! That is almost 3 years!! I don't think we can wait that long. Of course - this is just a guess at what the future holds. Like RQ says, either CCAA is going to have to speed up the process or just shut the doors. My gut feeling? They will speed up. IA brings too much money into China. Between the orphanage donation required for each child adopted and the monies generated from the tourism I just can't see them shutting their doors. Not only is there the money issue but the more important issue is of the children. Although domestic adoption in China is on the rise, the fact is there are still thousands upon thousands of children being abandoned.

What does this mean for us? We gotta be patient! Our little girl is over in China. I've spoken to our agency and they say not to worry, China is going to close any time soon and the wait from LID to referral is 10-12 months.

I told you I was going to drive myself crazy during the wait!!!

0 comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations