Tuesday, June 27, 2006

20 Years

20 years.


20 years ago we said our marriage vows and started our lives together as man and wife. We have learned so much. How to love, fight, forgive. (making up is always the best part!). We've learned what makes each other tick, what makes us laugh and cry. There have been many moves, houses, and cars. We've been through hurricanes, tornados, floods, sick kids, sick parents, sick friends, and many deaths.

As I sit here and think back over the years I'm amazed by you. You are our children's hero, my hero, my rock. You give of yourself so freely, to your family and friends. I see the love you have for me in your eyes and in your actions. When I said I wanted another child, you weren't happy, but you said okay, albeit a year later! People said that we wouldn't last 5 years, but look at us - it's been 20 years. 20 of the best years of my life.

Memories are many with you. From meeting you over orange juice to moving to NC to getting married and having our boys. Remember our "cut off the jam" roll-a-thons on the waterbed? We had no money back then, but boy did we have fun! How about the "glowing eyes in the closet"? Too funny. The parties at the trailer, our first new house, "Banana T". I could list a million of them.

Thank you for the past 20 years. I know the next 20 will be even better!!

0 comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations