Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shopping the Blues Away

I went shopping last night for my August cyber shower buddy. This months theme is "The Red Thread" which is an old Chinese saying that means when babies are born they are already connected to the important people in his/her life by a red thread. This thread can be twisted or stretched, but not broken. So here I am looking around our huge city for something to do with China. What did I find? A few books, a ladybug (ugh) but not much. I ended up at Target and bought some real cute outfits, a blanket, some little people figures that includes the Asian girl, and a card.

Know what else I found?? A cabbage patch baby that looked Asian!! I was so excited, it was on sale and I grabbed it. L was with me and he thinks I'm totally nuts, which of course I am!! I also found the Dora doll dressed in a traditional Chinese outfit so I grabbed that to.

When I got home I checked my email for our reservations at the lake this weekend and I saw an email from my agency CCAI. Our first travel packet was ready to be downloaded!!! Yeah!!! Okay, so I have at least 9 months (and 1 day) of waiting but at least this is something!

0 comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations