Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Thoughts of 2007 and beyond

I know, I know, I haven't even wrapped up Christmas yet and I'm already doing a post for 2007 - oh well!!

2007 - what a year! I lost my dad just 6 short months after my mom died, found my friend again, saw other friends become parents for the first time, laughed, and cried. T became conference champ again, contracted MRSA and spent some time in the hospital. L played baseball and thoroughly enjoyed himself over the summer. When my neighbors moved to Iowa I not only lost a good friend but 2 sweet little carpet munchers whom I dearly love and miss. This is the year we were "supposed" to have seen little T's face, the year that we decided to do a special needs adoption and the year that my oldest son announced he was going to be a dad.

2007 - gone in a blink. Yes, it went by fast - too fast! What will I change, what will I do differently this year? One thing I know for sure - I will start living again. I will start doing things and not worry how it will affect our adoption. If a new opportunity presents itself I will not turn it down without even thinking about it. I will enjoy my boys, husband, and new granddaughter. I will trust that God has a plan for me and my family.

Resolutions? Nope, I break those anyways. I'm just going to eat better, exercise more, be more patient, more tolerant, and laugh. Our referral will happen when it's meant to. Life is just too short to sit here and worry about the what if's. Will I still stalk RQ? Of course! But - I won't worry about what is said because there is nothing I can do to change it. Will I bitch about the wait - oh no doubt, bitching is a women's right, isn't it?

2008 is going to be a great year! We WILL meet Little T this year, we will meet our granddaughter this year, T will graduate high school, we WILL travel to China, and L will continue to amaze me with his sense of humor and sense of self. 2008 - an Olympic year for China and a heart-stirring year for our family!!

1 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

I lost my Dad December 2006 - how can a year go by so fast?
My sympathy's to you. Be of good cheer for those around you.
Life is great as we wait! Can't wait to see Little T!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations