Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thanks Mom!

Thanks Mom

T came home after his wrestling match last night and told me his girlfriend doctored his leg for him. He didn’t wrestle because he is still getting his knee back in shape. I asked him to show me his leg and he took the bandage off. There was blood on it so I asked what happened. Appearantly he was bitten sometime last week and yesterday someone hit him with a chair on the same spot. His shin was red, swollen, and hot to the touch so I told my dh that we needed to take him to the doctors. Of course he poo’ed poo’ed it but took him anyways.

The doctor looked at his leg, ran a test, and said that he has a staph infection. He also said that it is a good thing we brought him in because he might not be with us if we had waited another 24 hours!! OMG!!! I don’t know if he has MSRA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA . That could be potentially dangerous. I did some research on the web about this and people have actually died from it. Jeez!!

1 comments:

aimeeg said...

Yikes, good going Mom! I know staph infections can be bad if not caught. Lucky boy!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations