Monday, June 02, 2008

8 Days Folks!!

Only 8 days until we leave for China!! I never dreamed I'd be typing that - what a rush.

My bff is packed and ready to go - she makes me sick she's so organized! Ugh. I haven't packed YET! I have gotten pretty much everything together. It's all in Little T's room waiting to be put in a suitcase. I've booked our hotel in Hong Kong because we will get there a few days before our group has to meet. Here's our itinerary so far:

June 10th Leave
June 11th - Arrive Hong Kong 7:00 pm
June 12th - possible amusement park day!
June 13th - meet with group -
June 14th - 1 day tour of Hong Kong
June 15th - fly to Guangzhou and check into Victory Hotel

I don't have a clue about the rest of the week yet. We haven't received anything back from our agency - hopefully today or tomorrow.

Oh - get this. When we got our referral for Little T I went to the bank and asked them about new 100 dollar bills. They can't order them but they said they would start looking for some nice ones. That was a month ago. I called twice last week to the teller and she never called me back. I finally get a hold of her today and she said she couldn't order them. Huh? I know that!! I asked if she was holding any out for us and she says the ones they received last week were pretty beat up. OK...what about the week before that? No response - she hasn't been looking!! Good grief. So now I've got to run around town and find some good bills. Wonderful!

8 days Little T!!!

4 comments:

JMCS said...

How exciting Carla!!!! I can't believe you are only 8 days away. I wish Sofia and I could stow-away in your luggage. :)

I am so excited for you my friend and can't wait until Tiana is finally in your arms. Your BFF sounds like she is on the ball! I hate to pack and always put it off until the last minute, which is kind of strange since usually I hate procrastination.

I am counting down the days with you. Oh yeah, I don't know if you know, but the money does not have to be brand new, as long as it is pretty crisp, it should be fine. I also had the same problem last year before we went to China. Good luck sweetie.

Hugs,
Jonni

Paulette said...

Wow they just don't get the $ thing. I will have to check into getting the money together this week. Everything I do is just about2 weeks behind you.

Carla said...

While my bank could not request brand new, they did request "good bills" because it was being used for an international adoption. See if that helps when you go to the other banks. I know they can request new for that reason.

MississippiZen said...

Can't wait to follow your trip!

About the money, don't know if it is too late now but all banks can order BRAND NEW money by calling the Federal Reserve Cash Services desk and requesting new money for an international adoption. Who knows .. maybe they could put a rush on it?

Good Luck!
Margie
mommy to T's friend :)

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations