Thursday, June 19, 2008

Zoo Visit

We all (well, not me) slept until 7:30, got up, ate some breakfast and met our group for our zoo visit. I'm glad we went at 9:30 because within 1/2 hour of walking around the zoo my head was soaked! ugh - it's hot and humid here! Nothing like back home. We saw elephants, bears, pandas, lions, tigers, girafes, monkeys, rhinos, and a hippo. They were all laying down though because it was just too hot to do anything else!

Oh - here's the poop, I mean scoop on the poop. Little T is a perfect match for our family because from day one she has been full of it! Infact, she pooped 3 times today. Her daddy will be so proud!!

For lunch today we went to a new restaruant - Lucy's! Oh wait - we've been there! Actually, we just had some onion rings and fries because we were going to meet some of our group at the italian restaurant. Yes, I wrote that right - we went to an Italian restaurant here on Shamin Island in China - how funny is that?!! It was actually very good.

Little T is doing great. She did grieve a little today during her nap. She cried for about 20 minutes and kept her eyes closed the whole time. Poor little thing - I ended up just holding her and rubbing her little belly. Other than that she smiles most of the time. She has the cutest little personality - loves to play games! Right now she is playing with her glow worm - by stepping on it so that it plays music.

This morning I had L put her shoes on and when we got to the White Swan I looked down at her feet in the stroller and busted out laughing...he had them on the wrong feet!!! Oh my....

Tomorrow we are going to go on the city tour in the morning and then relax in the afternoon. I think we get to go to the Pearl market on Saturday or Sunday - I can't wait!!!

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!!









6 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh my word, I love the pictures of your two L's together! How sweet are those! Sounds like things are going pretty well so far! That's great. Enjoy the pearl market! ;)

JMCS said...

What great pics of little "T" and the zoo. I am so glad to hear that she is doing great other than the small grieving episode. You are also very lucky that she is pooping so well. John and I waited forever for Sofia to poop in China and she never did, but a little baby Exlax helped and she has been a pooping machine ever since (lol).

"T" is such a beautiful baby and I can't wait for her to get home and meet the rest of her awesome family.

P.S. I would have given about anything for a good italian restaurant while in China (lol). :)

Love,
Jonni

Unknown said...

Looks like fun, great pics!

Carol said...

Wow, that zoo looks great!! We went to one in Xian and we wanted to free the animals!!! so sad!!!

Have fun!!! She is a sweetie!!!

JMCS said...

By the way, love the Wicks t-shirt!

Karen said...

Love the zoo pics! I see L is enjoying himself! And shoes on the wrong feet?? Come on L! That is something Ian does and he is 2. :-P

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations